Friday, November 20, 2015

Hello from the other side

I love Adele.

In 2011 after a bad breakup I tortured one of my best friends by playing her albums over and over, while sobbing into his shoulder. We weren't really friends yet, but he was the boyfriend of a classmate, and had invited me to visit him, in his rundown ghost-infested house outside of Milan. It seemed like the thing to do in a summer when all my other plans were going awry.

Anyway, Adele. Her new single is not my favourite. I think she has changed producers, and Hello from the Other Side doesn't seem quite as honest as her previous work. It seems less raw, more 'produced' and perfect for American radio. I've listened to it a lot though, in the last few weeks, and while I still think it is sort of average, Adele doing average is better than anyone else doing it.

Jason is not as tolerant as I am.
This morning he woke up and said- Hello from the other side of the bed.
He made me tea and said- Hello from the other side of the kitchen.
From behind the curtain (which confused the dog)- Hello from the other side of the curtain.

It has been going on for hours and I am still amused. 



4 comments:

  1. Ahahaahahhahhaahah!

    I can see why you married this one. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah. yes. for jokes, above all else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, laughing together happily ever after is an excellent #RelationshipGoal ;)

    ReplyDelete